The Keeni Kessler – KKG Mayfair Scholarship is open to lower and upper secondary school students in the Malaysian public education system who show an interest in learning French and demonstrate good academic results.
2 scholarships are available each year for eligible candidates.
The Keeni Kessler – KKG Mayfair scholarship includes:
Access to one year of French language courses at the Alliance Française de Penang,
Student’s membership fee,
Cost of teaching materials (textbook and activity book),
Registration for the DELF exam at the end of the course,
Access to the Culturethèque and to the Alliance Française de Penang library,
Depending on the family’s financial situation, a special transport allowance may be granted (public transport costs).
This scholarship is only open to new learners of the Alliance Française de Penang. Current students of Alliance Française de Penang are not eligible.
Selection of the scholarship recipient
The Alliance Française de Penang Scholarship Jury will only accept and examine complete applications. Two scholarships will be granted per year.
Selection of scholarship holders: 30 September 2021
Start of course: October 2021
DELF Junior exam: June 2022
- Be between 11 and 17 years old
- Be enrolled in a public school in Penang
- Demonstrate a particular interest for the French language and culture
- Have a keen interest in learning the French language
Be motivated and determined to follow a one-year French course in addition to the school curriculum.
How to apply
The candidate’s Application form – AFP Keeni Kessler Scholarship must include the following elements:
- Copy of the school transcripts of the current and previous academic year
- Copy of any co-curricular certificates or awards obtained, if mentioned in the application form
- A supporting statement (250-300 words) from the current French language teacher on the applicant’s background and academic ability to follow complementary training in parallel with the compulsory school programme.
Attach to the application form
A short video recording in which the candidate presents his/her activities and, in particular, his/her interest in the French language and culture.
More about the Keeni Kessler Gallery Mayfair
Keeni Kessler Gallery is a gallery that operated from 2015 to 2019 in Penang, George Town and is now relocating in the Balkans.
Learn more about the Gallery: https://www.kkgmayfair.com/